Why Use ArterioSim?
- Aimed at early stage endovascular training for becoming familiar and comfortable with safe guidewire and catheter skills.
- Anatomically accurate, scale model of the human aorta and its major branches (Total Size W50 x H16 x L70cm).
- Reinforces core anatomical knowledge as the relevant coronal anatomy is incorporated into the plexiglas baseplate.
- Watertight, lightweight, transparent and portable.
Simply insert a standard 6Fr sheath into the pre-made holes and you can start using catheters & guidewires with a realistic feel. As the model can be filled with water, it is also compatible with hydrophilic guidewires!
- Carefully invert the model so that the iliacs are facing upwards and gently fill the model with water via the end holes. The easiest way to fill the model is using a thin funnel or syringe. (Fig. 1)
- While keeping the model inverted screw in the plastic plugs into the end of the model to avoid water leak. (Fig. 2)
- Insert a 6Fr sheath into the pre-made holes. (Fig. 2)
- Start simulating!
If any air bubbles remain in the model after filling with water, gently rotate the model to move the air bubble out, alternatively insert a catheter to the air bubble and aspirate the air out.